Jobbe litt? I New York florerer det av kafeer og coworking-spaces som fylles av «nomade workers».
Starbuck everywhere – garantert bra internett. Men av og til kjører de air condition for fullt, så ta med en god genser.
- Føle deg kul mens du jobber? Stumptown Coffee Roaster ACE Hotel
- Trives du blant hipstere? Freehold Brooklyn MEET – WORK – PLAY
- Coworking Spaces verdt å sjekke ut: Spacious eller WeWork
7 COFFEE SHOPS TO VISIT IN NEW YORK
Syv dager = syv forskjellige kaffebarer! Er du i New York for en hel uke bør du stikke innom en ny kaffesjappe for hver dag som går. New York er full av koselige kaffebarer. Dette er perfekt turistsyssel for nordmenn i New York! Sjekk ut listen over kafeer jeg mener fortjener et besøk:
Are you in New York for a week – don’t grab a coffee from the same cafe every day! New York is full of cute, cozy and comfortable small and big coffee shops! Go for a new cafe every day:
Starbucks is a must (sorry, but it is). Find the nearest Starbucks corner and pretend you are an american. Remember to say TALL, not SMALL (tall means «small coffee»).
Jet lagged? Visit Kaffe 1668 – it’s a weird Scandinavian Coffee Shop with a lot of sheep here and there. Obs! Do not count them. You may fall asleep.
530 5th Avenue (between 44th and 45th street)
New York, NY 10036
Two Hands New York is a cute cafe in chinatown, and even though their cafe is cuter on their Instagram Profile than IRL, do stop by and grab a coffee! If you didn’t like the coffee, GET their avocado toast(!).
164 Mott St, New York, NY 10013
Go to Magnolia Bakery. You have probably walked around a lot shopping and sightseeing and earned the bestest banana pudding of all time. Norwegians may be skeptical because they usually buy cinnamon buns when they drink coffee, but sit down, have a sip of coffee – forget the coffee – and start fighting over the banana pudding you (thought you could) split with your friend.
401 Bleecker Street and W. 11th Street
New York, NY
Mad Man Espresso is a mini coffee shop, u may be lucky enough to find a spot to sit at the window so you can spot models in the village. Drink some Madmanespresso before you go dancing. Its Friday!
54 University Place (9th & 10th Street)
Your stay in NY is soon to be over. Don’t be sad. Saturdays + Brooklyn = True Love. Check out Oslo Coffee Roasters.
328 Bedford Avenue, Williamsburg
Goodbye New York. Before you go, make sure you try a cup of coffee from the City Bakery. I know you cant get enough coffee! Norwegians love bakeries. Make sure you give the coffee to your boyfriend and order hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows for yourself. And the baker’s muffin <3
Its a chain. Do some research! (I recommend: Birdbath SOHO, 160 Prince Street.)
Also check out:
Cafe Grumpy – do something about your blood sugar before you walk the last mile.
Jepp. Jeg føler også for å shoppe etter kaffe (cupcakes, kaker & cookies). Her er det noen kule vintage-sjapper du bør sjekke ut:
- INA – vintage for him and her.Dette sier de om seg selv: «INA is New York’s most established designer consignment store. Since we opened in 1993, we have been accepting only the finest designer clothing, shoes, accessories, and select vintage, all carefully curated by our trained staff.»
- What Goes Around Comes AroundDette sier de om seg selv: «What Goes Around Comes Around has been the leading purveyor of authentic luxury vintage since 1993. Our experienced buying team travels internationally, hand-selecting the rarest and most desirable pieces. Our quality standards are unrivaled and only matched by our dedication to authenticity.»
Vintage-dilla? Det finnes flere (jeg har ikke testet ut alle disse, gjør du det, gi meg terningkast)!
Trykk her for oversikten over NYC vintage shops.